The fascia gun can be said to be one of the hottest equipment in the past two years, it is commonly used in many ordinary-scale commercial gyms. While driven by celebrities, this attractive product is becoming more and more popular, especially during city lockdown, fascia gun becomes a daily carry item for those middle class.
In order to alleviate these discomforts and make muscles relax, massge guns make it easier for people.
What does a Massage gun do?
Massage guns offer what’s known as percussive or vibration therapy. This type of massage provides rapid bursts of pressure into the body’s muscle tissue (hence the rippling effect of massage guns) as its head oscillates back and forth.
Is fascia a real thing?
Scientists are still learning about the fascia. In fact, there’s a lot of debate on its official definition. However, it’s widely accepted that fascia is a continuous layer of connective tissue that covers all your muscles, bones, organs, and nerves. It’s mostly made of collagen, and it helps to give form to your body.
The main function of the fascia in the muscle is to reduce the friction between different muscle tissues and help them contract better. We learn from research from the University of Ulm in Germany has shown that the fascia can actively contract due to the presence of smooth muscle-like fibroblasts, thereby affecting musculoskeletal dynamics. 
In the process of exercise, the muscles are innervated by nerves. Sometimes the muscles can relax after exercise, but the nerves are still in a state of excitement, which may cause continuous muscle tension and stiffness. In addition, in some high-intensity exercise or long-term fatigue of maintaining a posture, the muscles and fascia may be slightly damaged.
Before using the massage gun, make sure you know about the basic rules of use, master your strength without deliberately exerting force. Under high-frequency impacts, the deep muscle tissue can be stimulated through shocks to relieve all kinds of fatigue, muscle tension, and even pain.
Here briefly talk about the use of these five tips:
1. The cylindrical gun head is small, and the impact force is relatively strong, which is suitable for people and places that are more stressed.
2. The spherical head and flathead are the most commonly used, with moderate impact force but large impact area. It is suitable for most parts of the whole body. Some people feel that the spherical head is comfortable, and some people feel that the flathead is comfortable, depending on personal preference.
3. Inflatable cushion head, suitable for people who are not stressed, and areas with thinner skin.
4. U-shaped head is more suitable for the spine, calf, ankle and other areas. If you have to use it to massage your back, it is also possible.
5. Thumb head uses for massage soft tissue.
What’s the taboo of using a fascia gun?
Although the fascia gun has a low threshold for use. There are still several points to note in use.
1. It cannot be used directly by people who are particularly weak or suffering from certain organic diseases. For example, people who suffer from epilepsy, mental illness, and those who have undergone surgery must respect the doctor’s advice.
2. Avoid using the fascia gun above the clavicle, that is, the clavicle, neck, and head. Try not to use the fascia gun for massage. There are dense nerves and blood vessels, which are prone to problems.
3. Avoid using the fascia gun in the groin area, which is also densely packed with nerves and blood vessels. It is also a sensitive privacy area. Use it with caution.
4. Use the fascia gun with caution in areas with thin skin, such as the tibia, spine, pelvis, etc. The use of the fascia gun in these areas will cause additional damage to the head.
5. People who have done a heart bypass or stent should not directly use the fascia gun to massage their back. This is the most important point and must be remembered. The powerful penetrating power of the fascia gun may affect the working status of the precision equipment in the body. So do not try it lightly if people have above health problem.
Handheld Electric Fascia guns are highly recommended for use in gyms or studios. It becomes commonly used in the office, that’s extremely uncomfortable if you sit in the desk for long hours. The fascia gun plays its great role, let’s find an area or a trigger point with obvious soreness, and enjoy!